Copyright etc...

Copyright © 2012 Flabbergasted Mom & WTH-is-BPD2. All Rights Reserved.

To view blog as a .com instead of with your country code, enter http://wth-is-bpd2.blogspot.com/ncr

Thursday 26 July 2012

What do you think about online screening quizzes?

So, tonight I had MOH do 2 screening quizzes in preparation for his upcoming psychiatric assessment.

The screening quizzes were from http://psychcentral.com 

One was for Adult ADD and this was the scoring key:
S C O R I N G   K E Y
If you scored...You may have...
70 & up
50 - 69
35 - 49
25 - 34
0 - 24
Adult ADHD
Moderate ADHD
Mild ADHD
Borderline ADHD
No ADHD likely

He did it without any input from me and scored over 70.

The other one was a bipolar screening test and he also did that one without my input and the scoring key was:
S C O R I N G   K E Y
If you scored...You may have...
51 & upBipolar disorder
- Serious symptoms
36 - 50 Bipolar disorder
- Moderate to severe symptoms
25 - 35 Bipolar disorder likely
16 - 24 Either bipolar disorder II or depressive disorder
10 - 15 Possible depressive disorder
0 - 9 No disorder likely
On that one he scored himself in the moderate to severe symptoms.  I am curious to see what he would score if I did it on my perceptions of his behaviour?

Should I?

Why do I even ask?

That reminds me of something and I'm not quite sure what the difference in our answers says about us but MOH and I were watching Dallas the other week (we haven't seen this week's yet so NO SPOILERS please).  Anyway, Bobby was offered information on his wife by her ex-husband and, although he was curious, he told her that he hoped someday she'd tell her himself and he threw the unopened envelope into the fireplace.

MOH asked me if we were in that situation, would I read what was in the envelope.  I answered instantly that yes, I would want to know and that it would drive me crazy to know that someone else knew something about him/our family that I didn't know because I always want to know the information.  Always.

And I was shocked, well, actually, surprise surprise, FLABBERGASTED when MOH told me that he wouldn't take the hypothetical envelope and would not actually want to know.

So, I do wonder what that says about us?

OK so I did the bipolar quiz on him and I scored him in the same range though 4 points higher than he scored himself.

On the ADHD one I scored him as how he comes across to me and well he scored 22 point higher than he did when he scored himself.  LOL!

MOH is not particularly impressed with me at this moment...

*shrug*

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may have heard that Canadians are polite... in general we are so thank you for commenting, unless you wrote something really mean, in which case I am thanking you but with the utmost sarcasm. ;)