Copyright etc...

Copyright © 2012 Flabbergasted Mom & WTH-is-BPD2. All Rights Reserved.

To view blog as a .com instead of with your country code, enter http://wth-is-bpd2.blogspot.com/ncr

Monday 13 January 2014

ABA group for my son

Well today is the first day. It's just my son and another boy the same age.

They seem alike. Both are here for the same reasons, they appear to be at the same level of functioning and are both very into video games in general and Minecraft in particular.

I'm having one of those moments where I feel guilty because of the genetic link between bipolar disorder and autism.

On the way here, he said that he'd rather have bipolar disorder like me rather than high-functioning autism.

I said that I wouldn't have wished any of it on him.

He said he gets really angry and he thinks it's his autism.

I said I didn't know but that I understand getting really angry and it's not fun for the person who is angry or the people around them.

Trying to resist worrying that he'll end up with bipolar disorder too...

His pediatrician is aware of my diagnoses (bpd 2, adhd etc) so I hope he's watching for signs.


Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may have heard that Canadians are polite... in general we are so thank you for commenting, unless you wrote something really mean, in which case I am thanking you but with the utmost sarcasm. ;)